The Student Senate for California Community Colleges (SSCCC) Board of Directors supported Proposition 15, a ballot measure heading to the November 2020 ballot that seeks to raise needed revenue to invest in schools and vital services for communities across the state. Proposition 15, also known as the Schools & Communities First Initiative, will be a key component to the state’s recovery and reinvestment, delivering nearly $500 million each year to California’s community colleges. This ballot measure is extremely important particularly given the budget cuts because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The SSCCC understands the importance of this ballot measure and is pleased to provide a series of tools and materials to inform and support your local advocacy or support of this important ballot measure.
Please reach out to vpla@firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions you have regarding the subjects discussed in this document.
Get the Facts about Proposition 15
- Take a look at the one-pager here.
- For a more detailed overview, read through some of the policy briefs the campaign has developed here.
- If you want to read articles about news related to Proposition 15, take a look here.
Tools for informing students about Proposition 15
Get involved in the Campaign Outside your SBA
- Sign up for phone banking here.
- Share a post on your social media and tell your friends. Choose from the various graphics and images found here to post on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Search for Proposition 15 events, like phone banking, near you here, and sign up to receive updates about Proposition 15 events in your community here.